Southwest Breakfast Casserole
1 Pkg. Jiffy Cornbread Mix
(1) 1 lb. sausage roll (Bob Evans preferred)
(1) 4.5 oz. can of chopped green chilies
(1) 10 oz. can of green enchilada sauce
Fresh Diced Tomatoes
Cayenne Pepper to taste
**Preheat oven to 400 degrees**
1. In a frying pan, fry the sausage until all the pink has turned to brown.
2. Add the green chiles and a touch of cayenne pepper to the mixture. Cook until the meat and chiles are slightly browned.
3. Spread the sausage mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9x13 glass dish.
4. Pour can of green enchilada sauce evenly over the sausage mixture.
5. Prepare cornbread mix and pour evenly over the sausage mixture and enchilada sauce.
6. Dust the cornbread mixture with cayenne pepper.
7. Place the dish on the bottom rack of the oven.
8. Cook at 400 for 30-40 minutes ensuring that the cornbread mixture is cooked through.